Spread Love, Not Germs
Life has changed considerably in 2020 and we are all adapting to new norms in light of the Coronavirus pandemic. The last thing we would want is for this to distract from the weddings which take place at Homme; the experience of recent months only serves to highlight how special they are for everyone involved.
That said, it is very important to us that everyone should be able to relax in the knowledge that we are doing everything we can to look after those who visit Homme. So, if you will forgive us, we will start with a brief overview of the steps we are taking to ensure that Homme House is ‘COVID-19 Secure’, and the things we are asking visitors and suppliers to help with to ensure it remains so for everybody who shares our home.
Our COVID-19 Measures
A brief overview of the COVID-19 measures we have put in the place:
- Every member of the Homme team is fully briefed on the latest Government advice on safe working and vigilance about hygiene measures, social distancing and self-isolation should COVID-19 symptoms develop.
- Social distancing guidelines are adhered to with all visitors to the house.
- Government guidelines are strictly followed in the set up and management of each wedding day.
- All external suppliers are required to sign a COVID-19 declaration and submit an up-to-date COVID-19 risk assessment prior to working on site (see below).
- All guests are required to sign a COVID-19 declaration and provide contact details for NHS Test & Trace prior to attending a wedding (see below).
- Hand sanitising stations are provided for guest use on arrival and within the house.
- Signage to remind and encourage the recommended approach to hand washing is displayed in all loos.
- Main house, Summerhouse and Coach House windows are opened to thoroughly ventilate the properties as part of the cleaning process.
- All spaces are thoroughly cleaned between weddings with appropriate equipment in accordance with industry guidelines.
- All spaces are thoroughly disinfected with appropriate equipment and chemicals in accordance with industry guidelines. The cleaning team is provided with a checklist for every room detailing the type and number of high touch points to be disinfected, which is signed off at the end of the process.
- All public loo facilities are checked and disinfected hourly during weddings, and waste removed.
- All linen is laundered at 60 degrees. All towels are laundered at 90 degrees.
- All kitchenware is put through the dishwasher at 60 degrees (whether used or not).
- Soft furnishings & upholstery are cleaned and disinfected with a steam cleaner between weddings.
- Soiled cleaning cloths are laundered at 90 degrees and toilet brushes/mop heads are disinfected in bleach.
- Any issues requiring a maintenance visit are arranged when guests are not on site wherever possible (unless an emergency).
Visitors to Homme
We ask all visitors to Homme to help us by doing the following:
- Please do not attend if you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms. Stay at home, self-isolate and get tested.
- If you become unwell with COVID-19 symptoms during your visit please leave immediately and follow Government stay at home guidance.
- If you exhibit COVID-19 symptoms within 2 weeks of visiting Homme please get in touch to notify us.
- If you are a guest attending a wedding ceremony at Homme please aim to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the ceremony. Note that it is currently a requirement to wear a face covering while attending an indoor ceremony, unless exempt (the wedding couple are themselves exempt).
- Please make use of the hand sanitising facilities available at the entrance.
- On arrival for a ceremony or reception please consult the seating plan and take your seats immediately. Please remain seated as much as possible to help with social distancing safety measures while staff are serving.
- Please observe social distancing guidelines at all times with those not members of the same household or bubble.
- Wash or sanitise your hands frequently while visiting Homme, either thoroughly for 20 seconds with running water and soap, or with hand sanitiser ensuring that all parts of the hands are covered.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided before and after using the loo facilities.
- Please take notice of and follow any guidance on display around the house.
We are required to keep a record of guests attending weddings at Homme and contact numbers in the event they should be required for NHS Test & Trace. One ‘lead’ name and contact number is fine for each couple or group. The details will be stored securely for 21 days prior to deletion.
If you are a guest attending a wedding at Homme, please fill in the form below on the day prior to departing for the wedding.
Thank you very much for your help with this. Hopefully it will allow you and everyone else who spends time here to feel relaxed and at home.
In addition to the above measures, we would be very grateful if you would help us with the following:
- Please strip your own bed linen. Please place all the bed linen inside one laundry bag provided and all the towels within a separate laundry bag provided. These bags are in the wardrobe of your bedroom.
- Please place any recyclable waste in the recycling crate in the top kitchen (main house) or ground floor kitchen (Coach House) and tie up the bin liner in your bedroom.
- Please leave a window open in your bedroom to ventilate it at the end of your stay.
- Unless otherwise agreed, please check out on time by 12pm so that we have sufficient time to clean, disinfect and prepare the bedrooms for subsequent guests.
If you are staying with us the night before the wedding we will deliver breakfast to your bedroom on the morning of the wedding. Breakfast on the morning after the wedding is served in the main Dining Room.
You will have a dedicated en suite or private bathroom for use during your stay. We encourage guests to use their private bathroom rather than the communal facilities wherever possible.
We look forward to welcoming you to Homme, and hope you will enjoy your stay with us.
We know that, like us, you will have adapted your working methods to meet the new COVID-19 guidelines and best practice for your sector.
You are also probably aware that under the new COVID-19 guidelines we will need your help with a couple of things.
The first is the submission of an up-to-date COVID-19 risk assessment based on current guidelines. Feel free to use the form below to upload it, or email it directly to email@example.com.
The second is agreement to a COVID-19 declaration on behalf of everyone from your team who will be visiting Homme for the wedding, and the submission of a contact number for NHS Test & Trace should it be required. This will be be stored securely for 21 days before being deleted.
Please complete the form below before your visit to help with these two requirements. We look forward to welcoming you to Homme.
Thank you very much for your help with this. Don’t hesitate to contact us before your visit if you would like to discuss COVID-19 measures or any other aspect of your contribution towards the event.
Useful resources on gov.uk: