Life has changed considerably in recent times and we are all adapting to new norms in light of the Coronavirus pandemic. The last thing we would want is for this to distract from the weddings which take place at Homme; the experience of recent months only serves to highlight how special they are for everyone involved.
That said, it is very important to us that everyone should be able to relax in the knowledge that we are doing everything we can to look after those who visit Homme. So, if you will forgive us, we will start with a brief overview of the steps we are taking to ensure that Homme House is ‘COVID-19 Safe’, and the things we are asking visitors and suppliers to help with to ensure it remains so for everybody who shares our home.
Our COVID-19 Measures
A brief overview of the COVID-19 measures we have put in the place:
- Sarah and Charlie, who look after weddings at Homme, have been vaccinated and undertake twice weekly lateral flow tests
- Every member of the Homme team is fully briefed on the latest Government advice on safe working and vigilance about hygiene measures, social distancing and self-isolation should COVID-19 symptoms develop.
- Social distancing guidelines are adhered to with all visitors to the house.
- All reception spaces are thoroughly ventilated for the period of the wedding.
- Government guidelines are strictly followed in the set up and management of each wedding day.
- All external suppliers are required to submit an up-to-date COVID-19 risk assessment prior to working on site (see below).
- All guests are required to provide contact details for NHS Test & Trace prior to attending a wedding (see below).
- Hand sanitising stations are provided for guest use on arrival and within the house.
- Signage to remind and encourage the recommended approach to hand washing is displayed in all loos.
- Main house, Summerhouse and Coach House windows are opened to thoroughly ventilate the properties as part of the cleaning process.
- All spaces are thoroughly cleaned between weddings with appropriate equipment in accordance with industry guidelines.
- All spaces are thoroughly disinfected with appropriate equipment and chemicals in accordance with industry guidelines. The cleaning team is provided with a checklist for every room detailing the type and number of high touch points to be disinfected, which is signed off at the end of the process.
- All public loo facilities are checked and disinfected regularly during weddings, and waste removed.
- All linen is laundered at 60 degrees. All towels are laundered at 90 degrees.
- All kitchenware is put through the dishwasher at 60 degrees (whether used or not).
- Soiled cleaning cloths are laundered at 90 degrees and toilet brushes/mop heads are disinfected in bleach.
- Any issues requiring a maintenance visit are arranged when guests are not on site wherever possible (unless an emergency).
Visitors to Homme
We ask all visitors to Homme to help us by doing the following:
- Please do not attend if you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms. Stay at home, self-isolate and get tested.
- If you become unwell with COVID-19 symptoms during your visit please leave immediately and follow Government stay at home guidance.
- If you exhibit COVID-19 symptoms within 2 weeks of visiting Homme please get in touch to notify us.
- Please make use of the hand sanitising facilities available at the entrance.
- Please take notice of and follow any guidance on display around the house.
- Please be sensitive about social distancing with other guests who are not members of your household/bubble, and maintain social distance from anyone working at the wedding.
- Please be aware that all food and drink will be provided on a table service basis, and that you must be seated to enjoy it.
- It is a legal requirement to wear a face covering inside when not sitting to enjoy food and/or drink, unless you are exempt. A face covering is not required outside the house.
- Please note that dancing is sadly not currently possible, other than the wedding couple’s first dance.
- Wash or sanitise your hands frequently while visiting Homme, either thoroughly for 20 seconds with running water and soap, or with hand sanitiser ensuring that all parts of the hands are covered.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided before and after using the loo facilities.
To give you and other guests peace of mind we recommend taking a lateral flow test 24-48 hours prior to your arrival for the wedding.
NHS Test & Trace
We are required to keep a record of guests attending weddings at Homme and contact numbers in the event they should be required for NHS Test & Trace. The details will be stored securely for 21 days prior to deletion.
If you are a guest attending a wedding at Homme, the couple whose wedding you are attending will share your contact details with us.
There will also be a QR code available on arrival to check in using the NHS Test & Trace app if you would like to do so on arrival for the wedding.
In addition to the above measures, we would be very grateful if you would help us with the following:
- Please strip your own bed linen. Please place all the bed linen inside one laundry bag provided and all the towels within a separate laundry bag provided. These bags are in the wardrobe of your bedroom.
- Please place any recyclable waste in the recycling crate in the top kitchen (main house) or ground floor kitchen (Coach House) and tie up the bin liner in your bedroom.
- Please leave a window open in your bedroom to ventilate it at the end of your stay.
- Unless otherwise agreed, please check out on time by 12pm so that we have sufficient time to clean, disinfect and prepare the bedrooms for subsequent guests.
If you are staying with us the night before the wedding we will deliver breakfast to your bedroom on the morning of the wedding. Breakfast on the morning after the wedding is served in the main Dining Room.
You will have a dedicated en suite or private bathroom for use during your stay. We encourage guests to use their private bathroom rather than the communal facilities wherever possible.
We look forward to welcoming you to Homme, and hope you will enjoy your stay with us.
We know that, like us, you will have adapted your working methods to meet the new COVID-19 guidelines and best practice for your sector.
You are also probably aware that under the new COVID-19 guidelines we will need your help with a few things.
The first is the submission of an up-to-date COVID-19 risk assessment based on current guidelines. The second is the name(s) and contact number(s) for any team members visiting Homme in preparation for or on the wedding day for NHS Test & Trace. We would be grateful if you could email both to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A QR code will be available on arrival to check in using the NHS Test & Trace app.
Thank you in advance for your help with these requirements. Don’t hesitate to contact us before your visit if you would like to discuss COVID-19 measures or any other aspect of your contribution towards the event. We look forward to welcoming you to Homme.
Useful resources on gov.uk: